Friday, April 22, 2016

Southern Ragwort & Toadflax




Spring is progressing slowly around here. Just when you think the heat is here for good, Mother Nature sends a blast of rain followed by cool dry air, and azure skies with puffy cotton ball clouds rushing overhead.  

Today I sat to draw with a good friend and student under the Tulip Poplar at the top of Jay's Hill.  It was in the mid-70's and the wind blew steadily which kept the gnats at bay. I don't use the word perfect, but let me say it couldn't have been any more wonderful.  The ragwort is just beginning to bloom, and soon the hill will be completely yellow. Pale lavender Toadflax can't compete, but I have always loved this dainty flower.  Growing up, I used to pick handfuls for my mother.

We drew in peace, with a bit of chitchat and a steady breeze in our faces.  Sweet Daisy sat at her usual respectful distance in front of my friend.  Her radar ear twitched occasionally when a gnat buzzed her, otherwise she gazed out at the hill.  She didn't move.

Duke... well Duke is in training.  He's bad about nudging your elbow over and over to get you to pet him (once never satisfies) and likes to get in your face to remind you he is there and needing love.  Once he stepped his muddy paw on one of my student's journal page. As you can imagine, he disturbs the peace of journaling. The good news is we are making great progress!  Today he was on leash for a short while, and when I let him off he sat quietly nearby and was a very good boy!   

Question to my readers... do any of you keep a nature journal?  Just wondering.  Let me know! 

Happy Spring to all!

Helen



 Dukie's leash is attached to an old kudzu vine at the base of the poplar.



Daisy and the beautiful clouds.
















3 comments:

Aristide Mboneye said...

My wife and I will forever remain grateful to Dr Amber for his divine intervention in our lives. We received the shock of a lifetime when we realized we've won a $3 million dollars house and $1 million dollars cash in the Australian lottery we played. All this was possible because of Dr Amber who gave us the right lottery winning numbers with his magical spell and he can help you too if really you believe in his work. To know more, visit: amberlottotemple.com or call/text +18084815132 or email: amberlottotemple@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I noticed that my wallet has been compromised after I noticed a withdrawal of $800k worth of bitcoin was made and was not made by me , I was so curious to know what happened and retrieve my bitcoin back ,it happened that my wallet phrase was stolen but still can’t explain how it all happened so quick .. I quickly reached out to one of my colleague at work who also invests in crypto currency , he then gave me a contact who helped him back then when he was in the same situation as me , I reached out to Wizardwithneyblockchairhackser@gmail.com , and after explaining everything to him , he assured me he was going to retrieve it all back and he kept to his words , within a space of 1 week he pulled it off , I never thought this was even possible at first but with Wizardwithneyblockchairhackser@gmail.com I believe nothing hack related is impossible .

Anonymous said...

I never thought I will smile again after my husband left me with two kids for over a year. All effort to bring him back failed and we had problems agreeing on anything. My fear was that I'm not going to see him again until I met a lady called Dora on the internet who told me about the great works of Dr Ilekhojie who have helped so many people with same case as mine. She gave me his contact and i spoke to him immediately. Dr Ilekhojie assured me that it is just a lost connection between us and promised that after a reconciliation is done, the connect between me and my husband will be repaired and he will return on his own. Juts as he promised, my husband called the third day and asked to return home. I'm still surprise till now about this miracle, because it just too real and i am happy that i trusted Dr Ilekhojie to help me. I leave his contact here for anyone who has problems in marriage or relationship. whatssap +2348147400259