Monday, May 13, 2019

Black-eyed Susans, Asters, and Hydranges


I'm happy to say that I now have a laptop that works, so I can do blog posts again.  It has been a while!

This image, called "Summer Tangle," is from late last summer.  I started it at our tiny mountain cabin in Western North Carolina on a lazy day full of bright sun and cool breezes. I pulled a small table out onto the deck and had my vase of flowers in front of me, as well as my paper and drawing tools. Bees buzzed around the flower garden, a lazy skink made his way along the rail.  Sweet Roxie was asleep at my feet.



I worked through the afternoon and again after supper. It took weeks of off and on work sessions to complete.  Prints were made of the pen and ink drawing, then I painted them with handmade watercolors, a new passion of mine. (Post on that subject coming soon!)




4 comments:

susan hemann said...

stunning, I have been wanting to make my own watercolors too

Helen said...

Thank you, Susan. I am currently obsessed with the paint making. I encourage you to try it! If you lived near me you could come to a workshop at my studio. They are now in planning stage. :-)

SusanA said...

Helen, this is stunning! I love the black (?) background, and your color palette. Your details, like all the little insects, really draw me in.

Funny, I’ve been missing your posts and this one popped into my Inbox this morning. But I just now noticed, it’s from May. I wonder where it’s been traveling all this time. Cyberspace is such a mystery. Anyway, I’m glad it has arrived at long last and hope you have time to do more!

Wish I lived closely to take one of your classes!

SIMON PATCHIN said...

How To Get Your Ex Lover/Partner/Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Wife Or Husband Back

It breaks my heart to know that people are hurting so badly that they are desperate to get their love lives back. For anyone hurting right now, I want you to worry no more for your Ex lover/partner will come back to you so you can feel whole again and I truly mean that. When my wife left me, Lord Zakuza was the man I contacted that helped me to get my wife back with his powerful spell within 48 hours and I can never forget the day I meant Lord Zakuza for he's spells perform GREAT MIRACLES. Get in touch with Lord Zakuza now for he's like a God on earth that can get your EX lover back within 48 hours with his powerful spell. You can go get in touch with him through the below details.


WhatsApp/call/text: +1 740 573 9483
Website via: lordzakuzaspells.com
Email via: Lordzakuza7 @ gmail. com