Monday, October 11, 2010

Asters, Goldenrod, Sulphur and Folded-wing Butterflies


This morning was errand time for me, so Daisy and I went out late, around 3:00. The warmth has returned, but the sun is low and not so strong, and there was a nice breeze blowing across the hill that was cool. And, NO mosquitos! There was plenty of shade along the top of the hill so we strolled down the upper edge of the pipeline to admire the many wildflowers blooming there. (There were more there than I drew, but they wouldn't all fit on one page.) Butterflies flitted about in the sun, and when I finally sat down to draw, other little bugs came to visit, so I noted them on the page. A small airplane buzzed by, low overhead, and fall field crickets cheeped from sunny grass stems. It was a peaceful afternoon.

2 comments:

Sharon Creech said...

Love your blog! Thanks for letting me know about it and thanks for visiting mine.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, as always!