Monday, March 23, 2009

Mountain Balds



I am almost finished with the illustrations for my latest article, this one on Mountain Balds (a few of the eight spot illustrations shown above). The only thing left is the final tweaking, and mailing it away.  We have been walking daily, but with a puppy in tow it is impossible to sit down and draw, which is ok since I don't have time to do that right now.  Soon I will walk twice - once with the dogs, the second time I will leave Daisy in the house so I can continue my Middlewood Journal entries.

Spring is everywhere. Baby Dogwood blooms are taking shape, a cherry tree fallen in the snow is sending out buds, violets are blooming in the front yard, the Clematis vine has grown foot-long stems.  Birds are crowding the feeders and singing their hearts out, looking for mates.

Such a happy season!


No comments: