Sunday, November 27, 2016

Beachy things



This journal page, once finished, was a gift to a friend. Unfortunately, I gave it to her before I remembered it needed to be scanned.  Ah, well.  Here it is, almost finished... no labels yet.

I drew most of it here, in this shack (photo below) that used to be about 30 ft. back in the dunes before Hurricane Matthew came to visit.  Now it is literally oceanfront.  So close that some of high tide came right over the floor.  It was glorious sitting on the bench in the shade for several hours surrounded by water, the only person on the beach. It felt like I was the only person in the world.  The ocean was fairly calm, reflecting sun pennies galore.






3 comments:

susan hemann said...

stunning photos and love your paintings too

SusanA said...

I love your beach finds sketch--and your palette too! It looks quite useful for color mixing.

I thought of you on our way from Ohio to the coast (traveling I-26) over the weekend and wondered if you were still sketching. So it was a treat to find your post in my inbox this morning! Hurricane Matthew dramatically changed the beach and dunes where we are too (on Kiawah Island).

Elva Paulson said...

Lovely page ... and painting there sounds heavenly.